I completed my first 30 days of consuming only raw food. It was bit of a challenge at first, but now I feel accustomed to it. It took a change of mind and standing firm on my decision.
During this next 30 days I am going to have more fun with what I am eating.
Here I go!
Raw Food Vegan Breakfast
7a.m. this morning I work up feeling light and refreshed. Before I became a raw food vegan, some mornings I would wake up a little groggy meaning I felt like I needed to sleep some more, but I have began to notice that I wake up feeling well rested. I get up with ease and start my day smoothly.
Strawberry, Peach & Mango Smoothie (I just mixed some of my favorite fruits together)
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 4 slices of frozen peaches
- 4 slices of frozen mango
- 1 cup of vanilla soy milk
- 3 ice tray sized ice cubes
- 3 stevia packets (if you try this add as many as you want to taste)
It was delicious!
I wanted a snack today so I grabbed some cashews. Then for lunch I ate a vegetable place & pistachios, tasty and fresh!
Dinner time has not come yet, but I was thinking I would have some broccolli boiled for about 3-5 minutes with some edamame boiled the same way.
Other than that I am going grocery shopping to get me some more grocery’s so I can complete this challenge. Here is my grocery list:
- (1) Bag or Can of raw cashews
- (1) bad or can of raw almonds
- (1) 2 quart plain soy milk
- (1) bag of collard greens
- (1) bag of baby carrots
- (1) bag of frozen broccoli
- (1) bag of frozen mixed vegetables
- (1) bag of frozen edamame
- (1) bag of frozen strawberry
- (1) bag of frozen mixed fruit
- (1) bag of frozen mango
- (1) bag of frozen peaches
- (1) bag of frozen green beans
- (1) plum tomato
- (1) cucumber
- (1) celery stalk
- (1) bag of mixed greens
- (2) bag of slices of apples (I have braces, so I can’t bite an apple just yet, and I like to cut out the labor)
- (1) bag of oranges
- (2) kiwi
That should be enough to last me almost two weeks, if not longer. I used to go shopping two a month, now I am still going twice a month. This is the second time I went grocery shopping since becoming a raw food vegan. The last time I went grocery shopping was 13 days ago, but I still have a few things left at home from that time. Produce can’t be bought in bulk because it may rot before you eat it. Besides that it feels good to get out and buy grocery’s that I know is going to help me achieve optimal health.
I began another challenge with Nature’s Way of Life on September 1st of this year (2012), so far I have been eating raw food and eliminating food that have many chemicals. It’s lunch time for me and today. I ate green peppers, broccoli, carrots with red salsa and pistachios. It was refreshing and energizing. I don’t feel starved or underfeed. I feel satisfied. I can eat it at my own pace because the taste is so subtle. Check it out I took a picture of the vegetables:
What do you think?
Nature’s Way of Life